Pre-marital Course Provider
MDM Counseling and Mediation Services is an authorized pre-marital preparation course provider. MDM Counseling and Mediation Services is registered with the Clerk of the Circuit Court of the counties listed below. Couples have the opportunity to take a live course or a homestudy course. The fee for a couples private 4-hour live course is $450. The fee for a shared couples 4-hour private course is $250 (up to 5 couples at a time). The fee for the couples homestudy/online course version is $32.50 (pdf file) and $50 for a bound hardcopy.
St. Lucie County
**The live and homestudy pre-marital course, "Marriage Tools for Success" meets the 4-hour requirement for Florida Marriage Licenses, required by the Florida Statutes. The course includes instruction in conflict management, communication skills, financial responsibilities, in addition to children and parent responsibilities. There is a short (true or false) assessment that must be taken in order to receive your certificate. A passing score of 70 is required. There are 10 questions in total and the test can be re-taken until a passing score is met by the couple of seven or more right. Upon completion of the course and test, the certificates will be emailed as a pdf file.
Florida residents who have satisfied the Premarital Preparation Course requirements and who file the required affidavit and certificate of course completion with the Clerk of the Circuit Court when applying for a marriage license will be issued a marriage license effective the same day.
Florida residents who complete a Premarital Preparation Course will benefit from a reduction of $32.50 in the marriage license fee. The course must have been taken no more than one year prior to the date of the application for a marriage license
Instructions for couples interested in the home study course option:
1. Make your payment online for the course via PayPal at www.drmartinezcounselingservices.com under the tab, "Make a Payment." This link allows for payment using credit cards, PayPal account, or electronic check.
2. Once your payment is processed, you will be emailed the PDF file containing the 4 hour course and the 10 question assessment.
3. After your course is complete, email your responses (1-10) to email@example.com. You will have the opportunity to resubmit your answers until you reach a passing score of 70 (having 7 out of 10 right).
4. Upon completion and scoring of your test, a pdf certificate will be issued and emailed to you with your name and the date in which you completed the course.
* Your certificate will be valid for 365 days. You will need to print your certificate and take it to the county's Clerk office
Contact Elizabeth Carrero at 786-554-2763 or at www.facebook.com/NotaryElizabethCarrero to discuss the wedding ceremony of your dreams